We learned of the sudden death of ’Yves Modéran Thursday 1er July 2010, in Paris. Specialist in Roman Africa, but also in the history of Christianity and relations between Rome and the Barbarians (he participated in the essential catalog-sum of the exhibition at Palazzo Grassi in 2008), he completed a synthesis on the Vandals as well as an atlas of ancient Africa.
Much appreciated by his colleagues and students, he will leave a great void, and it is not only Roman history that loses one of its great researchers.
- "Roman Africa", in Encyclopedia Universalis, new edition, tome 1, Paris, 2010, 30 p.
- "The Vandals in Africa", in Roma e i Barbari, catalog of the exhibition at Palazzo Grassi, Venice (Italy), Skyra ed., Milan, 2008, p. 324-327.
- "The controlled immigration of barbarian communities", in Roma e i Barbari, catalog of the Palazzo Grassi exhibition, Venice (Italy), Skyra ed., Milan, 2008, p. 220-221.
- "The Vandals, the most delicate of peoples", The story, special issue, 327, 2008, p. 71-75.
- "395, the year of all perils", in The world of the Bible, 166, July-August 2005, p. 35-39.
- The late Roman Empire (235-395), 256 p., Ed. Ellipses, Paris, 2003.
- "Algeria in late Antiquity", Archeology files, 286, September 2003, p. 74-81.
Yves Modéran also participated in the famous documentary series "The Apocalypse", by J. Prieur and G. Mordillat, on Arte, in December 2009.