England and Scotland have only been united for 300 years. Before 1707, the year of the act of union between the Kingdoms of Scotland and England, Scotland was an independent and sovereign state. To understand the origins and birth of this state, we must go back to the Roman period.
- CLARCKSON Tim, The makers of Scotland: Picts, Roman, Gaels and Vikings, Edinburgh, 2013
- OLIVER NEIL, A History of Scotland, London, 2009
- The Historical Atlas of the Celtic World, London 2009
- J.-C. Crapoulet, History of Scotland, PUF, coll. "What do I know? », Paris, 1975
- Michel Duchein, History of Scotland, Texto, 2013.