History-Geography Capes 2010-2011 : the obstacle course. The so-called mastering reform has not finished surprising us and giving us a cold sweat! Indeed, new specific conditions have fallen on the subject of CAPES (but also of other competitions, such as aggregation). They concern the C2i2 teacher and the CLES2, two certificates which are now essential.
I recall the old ones first:
You must justify on the date of publication of the eligibility results:
* a master's degree,
* or a qualification or diploma attesting to a post-secondary course of at least five years, acquired in France or in another State, and certified by the competent authority of the State in question,
* or a diploma conferring the degree of master, in accordance with the provisions of article 2 of the decree of August 30, 1999 (examples: DESS, D.E.A., engineering diploma, etc.)
* or a title or diploma classified at level I of the national directory of professional certifications,
* or registration, at the start of the 2010 academic year, in the last year of study with a view to obtaining a master's degree or an equivalent title or diploma. If you pass the competition, you can only be appointed as a trainee official if you justify one of these titles or diplomas when the 2011 school year begins. If this is not the case, you will keep the benefit of the competition until the next school year. If you can justify one of these titles or diplomas, you may be appointed as a trainee civil servant. Otherwise, you cannot be nominated and will lose the benefit of the competition.
You are recognized to justify the condition of title or diploma to register for the competition, if you have or had the quality of full teacher.
You are exempt from a diploma if you are a mother or father of at least three children, or a high level athlete.
The new provisions were published in the Official Journal of June 18, 2010, following an order of May 31. here is the detail :
Second degree higher education language proficiency certificate (CLES 2)
If successful in the competition, you will have to justify, to be appointed trainee civil servant :
* the certificate of competence in languages of second-level higher education (level B2 of the common European framework of reference)
* or any other certification issued in France or in another Member State of the European Union or party to the agreement on the European Economic Area, and attesting to the mastery of a foreign language at a level of qualification corresponding to the at least at level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
You are exempt from producing this certificate if you are:
* winner of a recruitment competition for secondary teaching staff in the modern foreign languages section or in another section including, including as an option, a test in a modern foreign language
* holder of a diploma attesting to a post-secondary studies cycle of at least two years in the field of foreign languages, acquired in France or in another Member State of the European Union or party to the Space Agreement European economy.
When the certification or diploma is issued by a member state of the European Union or party to the agreement on the European Economic Area other than France, the language concerned must be different from the French language.
Mothers or fathers of at least three children and top athletes are exempt from providing the CLES 2.
Computer and internet certificate level 2 "teacher" (C2i2e)
If successful in the competition, you will have to justify, to be appointed trainee civil servant, the IT and Internet level 2 "teacher" certificate (C2i2e) or any other certification or diploma issued in a Member State of the European Union or party to the agreement on the European Economic Area other than France, and attesting mastery of professional skills in the educational use of digital technologies comparable to those of the national C2i2e reference system.
Mothers or fathers of at least three children and top athletes are exempt from providing the C2i2e.
To summarize, while the universities have finalized their Masters teaching models, and entries for the competition are already open (until July 13, on SIAC2), the ministry is adding these conditions at the last moment!
The C2i is a computer science certificate, which becomes compulsory from L1, but which is ignored by many current candidates for the examinations.
The CLES is an even less well-known language certificate ...
Both are relatively easy to obtain, it seems that you don't need to have passed level 1 ...
But every candidate must find out whether the teaching Master he is going to do prepares for these certificates.. Fortunately, the setups seem to be done in a hurry, for obtaining during M2. This is valid for all competitions (CAPES, Agrèg ’,…).
Above all, free candidates must urgently find out about a possibility of taking them because, even the competition obtained, the absence of these certificates will lead to non-validation!
ATTENTION UPDATE SEPTEMBER 2010: exemption for 2011, see here.